The summer school detailed on this site is operated by Your English Summer Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10962544 and whose principal place of business is 35 Woodlands Grove, Leeds, LS16 8GH, UK.
1.1 It is advised that you make your booking application as early as possible as places on our course are limited.
1.2 Your application for a booking on a course is an offer to enter into a binding contract with us to purchase a place on the course. Your offer is only accepted when we send you written confirmation that your application has been accepted or that we are able to offer you a place on the course (hereinafter the "Confirmation").
1.3 We reserve the right to accept an application for a student whose birthday falls outside of the advertised age range if it is felt by the Director and the parents that the school would still be suitable for them. We may also accept or decline any application at our absolute discretion.
1.4 At the point of our confirmation, a contract will come into existence between us and you (hereinafter the "Contract"). The contract will continue until the completion of the course, unless it is cancelled prior to that point and in accordance with these Terms.
1.5 The contract will be subject to these Terms and Conditions and the booking form. We consider that these Terms and Conditions and the booking form detail the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the course.
1.6 Please check that the details in these Terms and Conditions and the booking form are complete and accurate. If you think that there is a mistake in the Terms and Conditions or the booking form, or that they do not contain any relevant information that you require, please notify us and ask us to confirm any agreed changes in writing before you submit your application.
2. Late Applications
2.1 Should you attempt to make a booking less than 10 working days before the course start date and you do not receive confirmation or a response from us within 48 hours, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. UK Contact Details
3.1 If you will be accompanying a student who is travelling from overseas, we may need to contact you during the two-week period prior to the course start date. For this reason, we ask that you please include any UK contact details when you submit your application.
3.2 Please do not make any travel arrangements until you receive the confirmation. We cannot be held responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred where a confirmation has not been sent.
4. Deposit, Course Fees and Payment
4.1 The fees payable for our course ("Fees") are published on our website www.yourenglishsummer.co.uk.
4.2 When making a course payment please include your Reference Number, which will be provided on your invoice along with confirmation of a place on the course.
4.3 Fees are payable in British pounds (GBP).
4.4 In order to secure a booking, payment of a deposit of £350 is due within 7 days of receiving the invoice.
4.5 The remaining balance is payable by Monday 15th June 2020. Any booking made after this date must be paid in full within 7 days of receiving the invoice.
4.5 No course payment should be made to Your English Summer until you have received either our invoice or a Reference Number and confirmation of an available place on the course.
4.6 If for any reason we cancel or reject your booking, we will refund any fees paid within 14 days of cancelling or rejecting your booking - subject to the terms of clause 5 below.
4.7 Where fees are not paid in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the student in question will not be entitled to start the course.
4.8 Fees can be paid via the following methods:
- 4.8.1 Online via our Flywire payment platform. There is no additional charge for this payment method.
- 4.8.2 Online by using your credit or debit card. Any associated costs and charges are to be paid by the individual making the booking.
- 4.8.3 By bank transfer. Any associated costs and charges are to be paid by the individual making the booking. Please ensure that you provide us with the transaction reference number and include your Reference Number on all bank transfers.
4.9 Our bank details for the purpose of paying the fees are available on the statement issued to you along with confirmation of a place on the course.
5.1 All cancellations must be made in writing and take effect from the date we receive any such notice. Where a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there will be a refund of all course fees paid, minus the course deposit (£350). Where a cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there will be no refund, except in the case of valid visa refusal (see details below). Where a booking is amended less than 30 days prior to the arrival or after the arrival date, there will be no refund for any part of the course which is missed.
5.2 Notwithstanding the above, we may cancel a course no later than 10 working days before the course starts, in which case you will receive a refund of all fees.
5.3 We reserve the right to cancel your booking if an event beyond our control prevents us from running the course, such as instances of force majeure, in this case, we will refund any fees paid in accordance with clause 4.6 above.
6. Payment of Refunds
6.1 If under these Terms and Conditions you are entitled to a refund then:
- 6.1.1 refunds will be paid in GBP and we cannot be held responsible for any losses suffered as a result of currency exchange rate fluctuations or exchanges;
- 6.1.2 we will endeavour to pay refunds via the same means as we received them.
7. Visa Support & Visa Refusal
7.1 It remains your responsibility to determine how far in advance of the arrival date you need to apply for a visa, and therefore to allow sufficient time to obtain a visa.
7.2 Should a student require a visa to travel to the UK the application process remains your sole responsibility, Your English Summer can in no way be held liable for any visa refusals.
7.3 If the Short-Term Study (Child) visa application is refused, then provided we receive a valid visa refusal letter, a full refund will be issued, less a £200 administration fee. No refund will be given in the instance of one or more of these criteria not being met:
- a) The visa application must be made sufficiently far in advance of the arrival date to allow for the applicable amount of application time as indicated by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
- b) All necessary documentation must be provided as indicated by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
- c) The parent/guardian must be able to demonstrate that all necessary steps were taken to obtain the correct visa.
7.4 We reserve the right to cancel a booking if a copy of the visa has not been received 4 weeks before the course start date.
8. Student Obligations
8.1 The student attending the course agrees to:
- a) maintain an immigration status that entitles them to undertake the course,
- b) attend all elements of the course (classes and other sessions) without fail and on time;
- c) ensure they have a level of spoken and written English sufficient to allow participation on the course;
- d) refrain from using any audio or visual recording equipment during classes or practical sessions; and
- e) comply with our health and safety rules and our course rules (as set out below).
9. Course Rules
9.1 We undertake to do everything in our power to ensure that all students registered to take part in a Your English Summer summer school will have a summer to remember and make every effort to show respect at all times to fellow students and members of the Your English Summer and host school staff teams.
9.2 The course rules detailed below are designed to ensure that all Your English Summer students and staff are able to enjoy the summer free from any unpleasant, intimidating or aggressive behaviour and in safety.
9.3 The breach of any course rule stated below may result in instant dismissal from the course. Furthermore, any student who breaks the law or displays aggressive, intimidating or racist behaviour will face instant dismissal from the course. Where any student is dismissed from the course, he or she will be withdrawn from all course activities and classes with immediate effect and will need to return home at the parent/ guardian's expense at the earliest possible convenience. In any such instance no refund, either partial or full, can be offered.
- Course Rules
- a) Students are expected to attend all meals, classes and arranged activities and excursions.
- b) Any damage to school property, equipment or rooms will be charged to the student.
- c) Gratuitous or deliberate damage to school property, public property or other students' property may result in dismissal from the course.
- d) Theft or suspected theft of school equipment or another student's possessions may result in dismissal from the course.
- e) Consumption or possession of alcohol by students of any age is not permitted and will result in dismissal from the course.
- f) Drug-taking or possession of drugs including Psychoactive Substances (in the UK formally known as legal highs) will result in instant dismissal from the course.
- g) Smoking is not permitted in any school building, on the school grounds or at any point while under the care of Your English Summer.
- h) Racist or intimidating behaviour towards another student or member of staff will result in dismissal from the course.
- i) In the school or college accommodation, girls and boys may only mix in the designated recreation areas.
- j) Any student who leaves their house after lights out may be dismissed from the course.
- k) Personal mobile phones must be turned off during all lessons and scheduled activities.
- l) Your English Summer reserves the right to search a student's room if it is suspected they are breaking any of the course rules.
10. Promotional Materials
10.1 Photographs or videos may be taken of the students on the course, at the discretion of the Summer School Director. Unless advised to the contrary by the parent/guardian in writing Your English Summer reserves the right to use these photographs or video clips as part of future promotional material and will under no circumstances sell or provide them to any third parties.
10.2 Your English Summer reserves the right to use any feedback received in the form of a letter, email or end of course survey from parents, guardians and/or students in future marketing or promotional material unless otherwise stated by the parent.
11. Visiting a Student
Parents, guardians and friends are welcome to visit students on our summer course. 24 hours' notice must be given in writing, prior to any visit to the summer school. If a student is to be taken out of the school or out of the care and responsibility of our staff team during an excursion, the parent or guardian must provide written permission by signing an absence form.
12. Travel Arrangements
All travel details must be confirmed in writing as must any changes that may occur. The cost of any travel to the UK and for any excess baggage remain the exclusive responsibility of the student and Your English Summer cannot pay any such charges under any circumstances. Please check airline policies before travelling.
The deadline for booking a transfer with Your English Summer is Monday 29th June 2020. Unfortunately, after this date we are unable to guarantee a transfer but will make our best efforts to arrange one.
All students on a Your English Summer course are provided with fully comprehensive travel insurance which is arranged in partnership with Guard.me, the cost of which is included in the course fees.
14. Liability & Changes
14.1 Your English Summer has public liability Insurance. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude any liability on the part of Your English Summer for any personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the company or those employed by the company.
14.2 The details of the programme have been published by Your English Summer in good faith. We reserve the right to make any changes or alterations to any aspect of the course, in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors beyond our control such as instances of force majeure.
15. Data Protection
15.1 We will use the personal information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- 15.1.1 to process your application;
- 15.1.2 to process your fee payment; and
- 15.1.3 inform you about similar products or services that we provide, but you may opt out of receiving such information at any point in time.
15.2 We will not give, sell or make your personal data available to any third party except in the instance that your booking has been made through an agent meaning we are required to share information with them.
If you have any complaints about the course, please raise this with us by contacting Your English Summer directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your English Summer is accredited by the British Accreditation Council and a copy of their complaints procedure can be read here.
17.1 In the unlikely event that we transfer our rights and obligations regarding any booking to another organisation we will always notify you in writing, but this will in no way affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
17.2 The agreement to provide the course to you is between you and Your English Summer. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.
17.3 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
17.4 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we automatically waive any later default by you.
18. Governing Law
18.1 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to determine any dispute in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
18.2 This original, English version of the terms and conditions remains legally enforceable where any translation has been provided or requested.