Visas and Insurance
Students from certain countries require a visa to come to the United Kingdom and join our summer school. We advise checking with the British consulate or embassy in your home country to see whether this is necessary in your case or visiting https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa.
If you do require one, the type of visa to apply for is a Short-Term Study (child) Visa. You should not apply for a Tier 4 Student or Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa. Wile any visa applications are the responsibility of the individual making the booking, Your English Summer is currently undergoing the BAC accreditation process and will be able to assist with applications (please contact us for further information).
To come to the United Kingdom as a Short-Term Study visitor you must be able to show that the student:
- has been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study for a limited period, not exceeding 6 months;
- has a parent/ guardian that agrees to them travelling and can financially support them;
- does not intend to seek private medical treatment during the visit (other than in an emergency);
- does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom;
- is under the age of 18;
- can demonstrate that suitable arrangements have been made for travel to and from the United Kingdom and that reception and care in the United Kingdom have been arranged for the duration of the stay;
- has a parent or guardian in the child's home country or country of habitual residence who is responsible for his or her care.
It is worth remembering that visa applications take different amounts of time for different countries, and that this period is often around 20 working days (or 3 - 4 weeks). If your child requires a visa we advise that you begin the application process as early as possible - most Embassies will accept visa applications up to 3 months before the proposed date of travel. Once you receive the visa we ask that you email us a scanned copy of the child's passport and the visa. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if we have not received a copy of the visa 4 weeks before the course arrival date.
If the Short-Term Study (Child) visa application is refused, then provided we receive a valid visa refusal letter, a full refund will be given, minus a £200 administration fee. No refund will be given in the instance where either or both of the following criteria apply:
- The visa application was not made early enough to allow for the necessary application time period as indicated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
- Certain necessary documentation, as indicated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), was not provided.
Where a visa is refused, the parent/ guardian must be able to prove that all necessary steps were taken to obtain the correct visa. For more information on applying for a visa see the links below:
All students attending our summer school programs must have fully comprehensive travel insurance, a copy of which must be sent to Your English Summer prior to the course start date in order for students to participate in our summer programme.
Back to Top